Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Wettest Week of the Year! ...So Far!‏ (June 2)

So this week was quite the amazing one. :) It started off kinda slow, with us doing regular old missionary work. Like getting dogged and accidentally dogging people hahaha. Funny story, so we met with this family and they fed us! But when we got there, the food wasnt ready. So we decided to do the lesson first, talked about the Book of Mormon, and then we had dinner. Well, the dinner was a little longer than we thought it would be. So we had to make a 30 minute walk from this family's home to the branch house to meet with a less active member. Let's just say we cant walk very fast hahaha. So we accidentally dogged someone.. (Sorry Ádám!) Then on Wednesday night, the zone leaders came down from Győr so that Erzsi  could have her baptismal interview! So Elder Young and I stayed in the city, and Elder Heilein went to Győr with Elder Thomas. So Elder Young and I had a great time here. :) We met with Erzsi, who passed her interview! :D, and then went to Linda's to have lunch. Linda, I must say, is a fantabulous cook! She made garlic soup, and it was heavenly! Anyways, then we went to Győr to drop off Elder Young, and pick up Elder Heilein. We barely made it back for English Class on Thursday! (We left Győr at 4:07 and it takes about 90 minutes to get to Sopron, and English class starts at 5:30. Love the little miracles. :) ) Then we met with another girl, Réka, who is now very convinced on being baptized! We have met with her about 4 or 5 times, and is already asking if she can be baptized NEXT WEEK! Haha, we had to tell her Slow down, girl, we got some stuff to do first! But she is so great, and we are way excited for her. :) Thursday was also my YEAR MARK! Super cool to know that I have been a missionary for over a year now! And now I can look back at my journal and see what I did last year, on the same date. :) super cool! Anyways, so on Friday I gave my first district meeting! I was a little nervous, but I made it through. :) and I realized that I really like giving little trainings! Which are basically like a Sunday school lesson. Except more for missionaries. So anyway, then we had sport nap on Saturday, and then got ready for the baptism! To be totally honest, I was a little nervous. But then after the baptism, it was one of the best feelings ever. :) For all those that have the opportunity, I say, GO ON A MISSION. It does incredible things for you, and blesses you in ways you didnt even know were possible. I am so grateful for my mission. Love it out here. :) 

Well, love you! Have a fantastic week! :) 

Sok szeretettel,
Flake Elder




we got on top of an apartment building, and got some pretty pictures. :)



 my beautiful face on top of a tall building. 


my splits with Elder Young, the zone leader, when Erzsi had her bap interview! :D

Year Mark dinner! with the sisters, Sister Sexton and Sister Whitaker. yummy Forum Pizza! 




The baptism! This is me and Erzsi, the girl I dunked in that water. :) One of the most powerful experiences of my life!


 Heilein also wanting some of the love. :) 


The whole group who came to the baptism

me and my amazing story telling skills at English class. You know I got way too into it.. :) haha.




 Tibor! from the profi English class






Elder Brown and Zsolt, one of the coolest members in the world, from Szombathely.



No comments:

Post a Comment